If you've been a follower of this blog for awhile, you've seen our posts on the lingerie basics, the five bras you should have, how important the Little Black Teddy is, etc. Today we’re going one step further and thinking beyond the basics – think of it as taking your lingerie collection to the next level.
Once you have the basics, what else should you have in your lingerie drawer? Here are our top five picks:
1) A pretty robe. I don’t mean a functional robe, I mean a pretty robe. Something that makes you feel beautiful and even glamorous when you put it on. Even if you only wear it while you’re getting ready for date night, it makes the evening a bit more of an occasion.
2) Something in animal print. It’s a classic pattern and it's a fun one. Plus, there are so many different types of animal prints to choose from – cheetah, leopard, zebra, snakeskin – that every diva can find something she likes. If you’re not a big animal-print fan, try incorporating it in a small way, like a blindfold, wrist cuffs or high heels.
3) A go-to lingerie accessory. Much as your favorite necklace or shoes can make any outfit feel more stylish, a go-to lingerie accessory can make any set (or romantic encounter) feel more sexy or erotic.
4) Something unexpected. This is a deliberately vague item, as it can vary widely from person to person. What we mean is something that will surprise (and delight) your partner, whether it be an outfit that more risqué than usual, a bedroom costume, or even something that’s in a bright color if all your other lingerie is black, as pictured below.
5) A pair of great stockings. Women don’t wear pantyhose or stockings as much as they used to decades ago, and we think this is kind of sad! They are so many fun and sexy patterns out there right now, it's a shame to miss our on this lingerie genre.