Last year, our Thanksgiving post was about the lingerie that we were thankful for. Since this was a pretty timeless piece, we decided to take a bit different angle this year. So here is what we're thankful for in the lingerie world this year, from trends to new innovations and everything in between!
1. 50 Shades Of Grey - Who would have guessed that a series about an S&M relationship would be the best-selling books this year? Not only did these books spark a sexual revolution of sorts, opening women up to new possibilities and giving them the courage to try new things, they also drove sales of toys and lingerie through the roof, with retailers all over the world (including us) benefiting.
2. Getting the look for less - It seems that now more than ever, it's easy to get lingerie pieces and sets that look and feel like designer, luxury brands but without the high end price tags! To see just a few examples of this, check out this post and this post.
3. Fabulous florals - One of the biggest lingerie trends this year was the return of flirty, feminine floral patterns. We were excited to finally see floral prints pop up on our website, and hope there will be even more in the next year!
4. Pinterest - This one might seem a bit odd, but Pinterest has quickly become one of our favorite ways to share our products with people! We also loving seeing what other items everyone is pinning.
5. The start of holiday collections - This is such an exciting time because we're adding new items almost daily as lingerie brands roll out their Christmas/Valentine's holiday collections! This is the time when brands really go all out, with designs that have more oomph, are a bit more special, than the rest of the year.
Now tell us, divas, what lingerie trend/piece/design/etc. are you most thankful for this year?